America’s tax system, which was last reformed in 1986, is broken and filled with outdated rules that penalize American businesses and workers. The United States needs a modern tax code that encourages economic growth, spurs job creation and lets American businesses compete in today’s global economy.
The Alliance for Competitive Taxation (ACT) supports comprehensive tax reform that lowers the corporate tax rate and establishes a modern globally competitive tax system that aligns the United States with the rest of the world. We believe tax reform should simplify the tax code, promote economic growth and be revenue neutral.
Who We Are:
ACT is comprised of leading American businesses from a broad range of industries that employ millions of Americans and compete in the global marketplace. ACT members have joined together to work with the Congress and the Administration to achieve bipartisan and comprehensive tax reform – for our economy, our workers and our nation’s future.
We support enactment of a globally competitive tax system that:
- Reduces the top corporate tax rate to a competitive level;
- Joins the international community by adopting a modern globally competitive tax system that puts American companies on a level global playing field; and
- Is achieved in a fiscally responsible manner.
We believe all revenues raised from corporate reform should be dedicated to achieving these objectives and that taxes should not be increased on small businesses to pay for corporate tax reform.
What We Want To Accomplish:
Comprehensive tax reform that:
- Grows our economy;
- Is fair and is revenue neutral so that it doesn’t increase the deficit;
- Protects and creates American jobs;
- Simplifies the tax system for all businesses – large and small;
- Ends special-interest corporate tax breaks and preferences;
- Lowers the corporate tax rate to compete with the rest of the world;
- Modernizes our international tax system to make American businesses more competitive in the global marketplace;
- Supports domestic investment by eliminating barriers to growth.
ACT is a trademark of TRGroup Inc.