ACT Announces Campaign to Showcase the Need for Tax Reform around Tax Day
WASHINGTON – This week, the Alliance for Competitive Taxation will deploy a week-long campaign to highlight the need to reform our nation’s outdated tax code around Tax Day. The effort is aimed at bringing attention to the complexities and inefficiencies that plague our tax code and that stand in the way of economic growth for American businesses and workers.
“As millions of Americans across the country are finalizing and submitting their tax returns for the FY 2013, leaders in Washington need to take action and reform our nation’s outdated and complex tax code, which has the highest corporate tax rate in the developed world and is stifling economic growth, job creation and competitiveness. American workers and businesses cannot afford to wait any longer. Now is the time to ACT on tax reform,” said ACT economic advisors Dr. Laura Tyson and Douglas Holtz-Eakin.
As part of this effort, ACT will be engaging in the following activities this week:
- Release a new ACT Tax Facts on the benefits of tax reform for workers
- Release a map of ACT company employment in states across the country
- Engage in robust Tax Day social media engagement, #TaxDay
- Showcase the complexity of the tax code and its impact on the U.S. economy
- Release a video demonstrating the benefits of global competitiveness for American businesses and workers